Use Email Marketing Best Practices
Practice Makes Perfect
What does a decade’s worth of experience in email marketing get you? Vast numbers of best practices (so many . . . you’d think we were the IRS–not!) to help campaigns reach the maximum number of their intended recipients. Here are some of the rules we recommend using during your campaigns:
mobileStorm lives by following both email marketing best practices and SMS best practices:
Email Best Practices Checklist
- Do NOT buy or rent lists. Build your own.
- Please have an Opt-In or preferably a Double Opt-In mechanism for your site.
- Try to do mailings at night from 1 a.m to 6 a.m. This is the time when there is the least amount of mail traffic for ISPs.
- Try not to have a “spammy” FROM domain like bulkmailer.com. Also, don’t use a gmail or hotmail address.
- Avoid FROM address with unique identifiers; i.e., email@example.com.
- Make sure your emails state the purpose either in the subject or body ASAP.
- Know your target customers. This is one of the simplest yet most important of the email marketing best practices you can follow.
- Make sure your HTML email validates. Use this tool.
- Never use 100% picture-based campaigns. Always have a 50/50 blend of images and text.
SMS Best Practices Checklist
- Don’t send SMTP, only SMPP!
- The first few words are your subject line so make them count.
- Always include STOP, HELP, and an email address in every message.
- Only double opt-in by making them reply “YES.”
- Save on room by shortening words like “2” for “Go 2.”
- Mind your frequency. Too many messages might upset your subscribers.
- Always test internally before sending out a real message.
- Follow MMA Guidelines (http://www.mmaglobal.com/documents/us-consumer-best-practices).
- Use a shared or dedicated code. Find out what solution works best for you by downloading our Guide to Common Short Codes.