Clients Will be Able to Monetize Mobile Campaigns With New Service
CTIA Wireless 2008 – LAS VEGAS – mobileStorm, a leading provider of digital marketing products and services, today announced a new premium Short Message Service (SMS) for its Stun! platform. This new capability enables companies, particularly SMBs (small-to-medium-sized businesses) to create additional revenue streams.
Stun! Premium SMS gives clients the option to earn money on certain text messages and content, by having cell phone users pay for the service through their cell phone bill. The possibilities are endless. Now mobileStorm clients can promote voting contests, like those on reality TV shows, in which participants pay a small fee to vote for their favorites via SMS. Stun! clients can also create subscription campaigns and charge a monthly fee for premium content. Stun! allows businesses of almost any size to deliver informational services like daily horoscopes, VIP programs, time-sensitive updates or even contests and games to engage customers.
While premium SMS has been increasingly used by enterprises such as TV production companies or large global brands, mobileStorm is the first to make this service available to the SMB market. Additionally, unlike other premium SMS providers, mobileStorm does not take a percentage of sales generated from premium SMS campaigns for campaigns earning less than $5,000 per month.
”It is no secret that multiple entities demand their slice of the pie when it comes to premium SMS, leaving the content provider with less than expected,” said Jared Reitzin, CEO and founder of mobileStorm. ”We wanted to give small-to-medium-sized businesses a chance to quickly launch premium SMS messages across carriers, receive payments in a timely fashion and keep as much revenue as possible from their work and creativity. With our new upgrade, we offer all of the features most companies will need to create a steady revenue stream.”
Highlights of the new service include:
- Clients can choose one of two ways to charge subscribers for premium content.
- Monthly subscription. Cell phone users are charged a one-time monthly fee to access a company’s premium service and receive messages. Charges are processed either through a web form or can be billed by the user’s mobile phone carrier.
- Per message. This is a ”pay as you go” strategy that gives a company’s Mobile Club users the option to only pay when they request a particular message.
- The price for premium content is set by mobileStorm’s client, who selects from a range of default prices that are automatically attached when creating a new premium SMS campaign. Custom pricing is also available.
- Clients can use a mobileStorm shortcode, or use their own dedicated shortcodes.
- The service is supported on the following cellular providers’ networks: AT&T Wireless, Sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, Boost, Midwest, Alltel and Virgin Mobile.
Stun! Premium SMS is available now for existing Stun! SMS clients, and to new clients after first opening a Stun! account.
For nearly a decade mobileStorm has pioneered the concept of digital marketing. Having successfully delivered 2 billion+ messages on behalf of thousands of premier customers, such as American Idol, Qantas Airways, MGM Grand, Carl’s Jr., Squaw Valley Ski Resort and Horoscope.com, mobileStorm is at the forefront of the digital marketing evolution. The company provides a turnkey, hosted email and digital messaging platform backed by world-class support and expert digital marketing services. mobileStorm has created the most complete digital marketing solution available, enabling clients to reach customers via email, text (mobile) messaging, voice messaging, RSS/Blogs, video broadcast and fax broadcast from a single provider.